Tullett Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop keeps turning off

HP Notebook - 15-ac018na

I have just installed a new crucial memory into my laptop so it is now 8gb rather than 4. I ran the diagnostic tests and all good. However my laptop now keeps turning itself off. When i reboot the message i get is ---

product information not valid

the following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid

sysem board - system board ct number

system board (00A) - system board ct number

enter - continue startup

What do i do, the laptop keeps switching it self off and more regurly the longer i reboot it.

Please help!!!

Simon

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 920
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @Tullett

Thanks for the post, I see that your computer is randomly shutting down and you are getting an error on startup. Kudos to you for running a system test. I will be glad to assist you from here. 

Recommend you to check if the new RAM is getting detected by the system or not. Open System properties from control panel to find this information. 

Try to boot the PC only with the new RAM and check if the computer boots fine. 

Also, try to run diagnostics for memory with only the new RAM and vice versa, interchange the slots and run the test as well. 

Please let me know the model number of the new RAM you purchased so that I can check for compatibility. 

Let me know if this helps, for further assistance please reply.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tullett Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi this message i'll do inb several stages as laptop keeps crashing

0 Kudos
Tullett Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crucial 4GB 1X4GB Memory Module DDR3L 1600MHz PC3-12800 SO-DIMM Laptop

0 Kudos
Tullett Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi i've ran the diagnostic test on both of them togetnher and singularly and no edrror detected.  I'm currently running it on the original memory chip and it keeps switching off. When the two chips are put in it shows as 8 GB so computer is recognising it. Please advise me what to do from here. Much appreciated

Simon

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Tullett,

I thank you for the reply.

This seems to be a DMI issue which seems to be corrupted and it needs to be reprogrammed.

The only solution is to contact your regional phone support for any warranty related support options.

Use the link below to contact HP Phone support.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/contact-hp

Hope it helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation