Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian15
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop pavilion will not turn all the way on.

HP Pavilion

My laptop pavilion will not stop loading. It will turn on but it gets stuck on the black screen with the letters "hp". This happens every time I press the power button. What can I do?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
lorifus
2 2 0 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine is fairly similar, but it only seems to occur only during updates.  Black screen after "HP" logo but then nothing, even after a full day of sitting.

FlatEarthOracle
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue currently.  It would be great if HP could ACTUALLY help us with this problem!

Sebastian15
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lorifus

How do you get it to work after the update? Do you adjust anything? Or does it just resolve on its own?

0 Kudos
lorifus
2 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only thing I've been able to do is to do a hard reboot.  I know the laptop is on because my power button is on.  So I just hold and do a hard reboot.  Then it seems to pickup where it left off, but the update always seems to take an exceptionally long time to finish.  It's really frustrating and I'd love to figure out how to get it to finish on its own.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation