Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While working it automatically goes to power off. It was . charged. I tried charging it but no response from laptop, neither the charging indicator light worked. After some hours i tried to switch on it worked, plugged in adapter and indicator fine and working and charging and again in 3 mins laptop powers off and no response. As before please tell what to do.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@arpan_p85 Welcome to HP Community!

I have a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

• Check with an alternate power cord/adapter or another wall outlet, remove any surge protectors and connect directly to the wall outlet and check if that works.
  • Does the issue persists with the battery alone or even when the device is connected to the wall outlet? please verify.
  • Have you had any thunderstorms lately, before this issue occurred?
    • If yes, this could be a hardware malfunction that requires a repair.
    • If no, try the below steps:
    • (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.