Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x 360 Gem Cut
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There are already number of times that my keyboard, touch screen, and touchpad suddenly stop (out of nowhere). I restart it through the power button for about four times or more before it starts working again. It’s a hassle sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ClaireTherese, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let us try performing a component test to isolate the issue-

Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to complete the functional test of the keyboard and identify any problems with the hardware.

NOTE: 

Bluetooth devices are not currently supported.

1. Download the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.

2. In Windows, search for and right-click HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, and then select Run as administrator.

Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows as an administrator

3. Click Component Tests, click Input Devices, and then select the Keyboard Test, and the mouse and touchpad tests listed below it.

Running the Keyboard Test

4. Click Run once to begin the test.

The test ends when you complete the tasks or after 3 minutes.

For more information about using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, go to HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures.

Refer to the documents HP Notebook PCs - Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows) and HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10) for help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.