Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Windows 7 home premier OA

Dear anyone!

I need a deperate help.I have a Windows 7 home premier OA type HP laptop this is the specification I have.

Let me write down what happened.I always before close down my laptop I choose the sleep tab.and when I do open again it's start automatically but somethimes I have to do the start button.So my trouble started when I did my usual close down choosing the sleep tab and  it went well,but10-15 minutes leater I forget something and wanted to looking up,after the start up I heard my lap top speed up and start well but the screen stays pitch black,no company logo and anything at all! What I noticed only a CAPS LOCK button LED light is  going on and off.My question is what is the problem I hope that not Virus! Or I  had close down something? How can I start my lap top again?PLEASE HELP!

sincerely 

zoltan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try a hard reset:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Try a hard reset:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

HP Recommended

I like it but other question is do I loose any data if yes my wife divorcing me! 

HP Recommended

No, you should not lose any data- or your wife. 🙂

HP Recommended

So it is good for Windows 7 home premier? Oh man thank you I will do it tomorrow! You know I'm an travel agent with pro travel network and I do a lots of sertification online courses! And I also an Surge 365 travel industry rep! If you need a good deal you can reach me anytime THANK YOU!

zoltan 

HP Recommended

Hey Cheryl its me again I di try but did not work.i have a same issue, now I'm really scared! I tried 3-4 times I had a same result do you have any other idea! I need some rescue!

HP Recommended

I have a same issue, when I turn it on start up well as usual. But the screen stays black.dont wanna come out from the sleep mode and get me back to the blue screen!

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Is there a pattern to the caps lock blinking? There should be a short pause between blinks- how many blinks between pauses? For instance does it blink once-pause-blink once or maybe blink twice-pause-blink twice, etc.

HP Recommended

No it's a same blinking there.like this blink pause again blink pause..there is no long pauses!

HP Recommended

I will checked one more time I will be back to you.thanks a lot .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.