Zotya15 Tutor
Tutor
14 12 0 2
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My laptop start but I have a black screen but the caps lock button led on and off

Windows 7 home premier OA

Dear anyone!

I need a deperate help.I have a Windows 7 home premier OA type HP laptop this is the specification I have.

Let me write down what happened.I always before close down my laptop I choose the sleep tab.and when I do open again it's start automatically but somethimes I have to do the start button.So my trouble started when I did my usual close down choosing the sleep tab and  it went well,but10-15 minutes leater I forget something and wanted to looking up,after the start up I heard my lap top speed up and start well but the screen stays pitch black,no company logo and anything at all! What I noticed only a CAPS LOCK button LED light is  going on and off.My question is what is the problem I hope that not Virus! Or I  had close down something? How can I start my lap top again?PLEASE HELP!

sincerely 

zoltan

12 REPLIES 12
Provost Provost
Provost
44410 44146 3309 13855
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My laptop start but I have a black screen but the caps lock button led on and off

Try a hard reset:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Zotya15 Tutor
Tutor
14 12 0 2
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I like it but other question is do I loose any data if yes my wife divorcing me! 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44410 44146 3309 13855
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No, you should not lose any data- or your wife. :)

0 Kudos
Zotya15 Tutor
Tutor
14 12 0 2
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

So it is good for Windows 7 home premier? Oh man thank you I will do it tomorrow! You know I'm an travel agent with pro travel network and I do a lots of sertification online courses! And I also an Surge 365 travel industry rep! If you need a good deal you can reach me anytime THANK YOU!

zoltan 

Zotya15 Tutor
Tutor
14 12 0 2
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey Cheryl its me again I di try but did not work.i have a same issue, now I'm really scared! I tried 3-4 times I had a same result do you have any other idea! I need some rescue!

0 Kudos
Zotya15 Tutor
Tutor
14 12 0 2
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have a same issue, when I turn it on start up well as usual. But the screen stays black.dont wanna come out from the sleep mode and get me back to the blue screen!

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44410 44146 3309 13855
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Is there a pattern to the caps lock blinking? There should be a short pause between blinks- how many blinks between pauses? For instance does it blink once-pause-blink once or maybe blink twice-pause-blink twice, etc.

0 Kudos
Zotya15 Tutor
Tutor
14 12 0 2
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No it's a same blinking there.like this blink pause again blink pause..there is no long pauses!

0 Kudos
Zotya15 Tutor
Tutor
14 12 0 2
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I will checked one more time I will be back to you.thanks a lot .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation