Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have Hp pavilion dv5-1270br .... my laptop just goes to sleep suddenly... and i always find that its temperature is too high & i guess the fans are working fine... 

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Well this is a common, but easy to avoid issue as it used to happen to my old laptop quite frequently. 

I'd suggest you buy a Laptop fan and keep your laptop off of any beds, carpets or any other stitched surfaces. Sit it on a cold table, or a flat desk. Any flat surface will do.

Hope I've helped.

HP Recommended

Hello Romancino,

When was the last time that this laptop's vents were cleaned with compressed air? Just pickup a can of compressed air at any computer or BigBox store and then blast away at the vents, making sure that the computer is off and the can's nozzle is held up tight against its vents, and dust will fly, immediately cooling down the laptop. . . .

I am a :smileyhappy:volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . . Rattlesnake, that is. . .

HP Recommended
Make sure you are using the laptop on a flat hard service that will allow proper air flow. If the issue continues then you should go to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html and enter your product number in the "driver & Software" box and select your operating system then download and install the latest BIOS from there.

Are you receiving any type of error message or alert either before it goes to sleep/shuts down or while booting up? For example "shutting down due to overheating" or "fan failure error code" at boot up or when it shuts down or goes to sleep.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion g7-1070us Notebook PC. Since I installed Google Search my laptop will shut down unannounced while I am in the middle of something. I tried to uninstall Google Search but don't see how to do that like other programs are made to be uninstalled. I have deleted everything that I think may be causing the laptop to overheat softwarewise. I have my laptop on a computer table - flat surface, no obstructions. I have even blown out the vents to insure they are not blocked. My laptop is 2 years old.

HP Recommended

Hello abb62,

You are stating that your computer overheats and shuts down, is that correct? I will try to assist you with this issue.

Since you have already cleaned the air vents, try updating your BIOS if necessary. Have a look at the screenshot below and it will show you how to check what version you currently have.

bios.PNG

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I have a Hewlett-Packard F.04, 2/11/2011 BIOS

HP Recommended

@abb62,

Here is a BIOS updated that was released earlier this year. Install this update and test out the overheating issue.

1.       Click the download option

2.       Once the download finishes save the file

3.       Please make sure you have the AC adapter plugged in.

4.       Install the file

5.       The computer will either restart or prompt you to restart which is normal.

Once the BIOS has been updated, test out the issue over a period of time.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Laptop overheats when any graphics appear on screen

HP Recommended

Hi abba62!  I've moved your latest post to the thread here where you are already discussing the problems you are having with your laptop overheating so that the conversation doesn't become diluted over multiple threads. 

Have you tried the latest suggestions RedRose0528 gave you?  If so you might reply to the post so you can be helped out further!   Good luck!

If you need any help with posting to the forums feel free to send me a private message!  Thanks!

- KittyK

HP Forum Moderator

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.