Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I suggest that you clean the inner part of your laptop because dusts could clog the air passages. It could also be a heat sink related issue.

HP Recommended

Hello again, Romancino,

I do agree with my original estimate that there is a clog somewhere in the cooling system; even a minor dust bunny hiding away in the proper/improper spot would severely inhibit your laptop's cooling efficiency, driving up the laptop's operating temperatures as graphics become more demanding. Also, a corrupted graphics driver could also drive up the operating temps.  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3933... 

Have you tried yet to uninstall and then reinstall the graphics driver? You can do a quick scan on your laptop at the above HP link for your laptop model.

For stubborn programs, you can go here to the following CNET link to safely download, scan, install and then run Revo Uninstaller, which will help with the uninstalling of pesky issues: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html?tag=mncol;2 

Revo has a Hunter Mode, which will clean your laptop's OS of unwanted programs. Just be sure to always make Restore Points beforehand.

I am a :smileyhappy:volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . . Rattlesnake, that is. . .

HP Recommended

my bios version is F.29, 7/11/2011

please advice next step. Thank you 

HP Recommended
My laptops cooling fan suddenly stopped and my laptop got shut down. Now when I restart it,it says cooling fan is not woroking,any further work will cause more problem or data losses. I m working on windows 7 pro on my i5 pavilion g6
HP Recommended

yes , i have the same problem and it gives me an alert while booting that my notebook shutdown due to overheating 😕

HP Recommended
Hi sir my laptop shutting down due to overheating
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.