SarahWaters
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My laptop turns on for a second then immediately turns off

HP Recommended
HP Steam laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I closed my laptop for about half an hour and when I come back I open it and try to turn it on, but it doesn’t, so I press the power button and the screen lights up for a second but then immediately turns itself off. I only bought the laptop about three days ago, so there shouldn’t be any issues or anything. Can anyone help me as without my laptop I can’t complete my online course.

1 REPLY 1
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,383 39 122
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

why post to desktops, with laptop.😐🤔

I don't do laptops now, due to folks 99% do not want to remove 35screws to change out a battery. no 2 the same.

but here i go..... A generic answer due to no PC told (model exact

)

remove the huge battery first see if it runs , on AC power ONLY!,   (even for ever)

that is test #1 on all portable devices,  (99%) not talking tiny tablets of any kind , only real laptops.

NO laptop told at all

the service tag must he told full model and product # nnnnnnnnABA#

step one out  of the box. (ebay used)?

using the AC power pack plugged in charge the battery for 24hours.

if still bad, the battery is NO GOOD, and bad batteries can overload  power rails inside, the PC so we remove that next.

see?

never trust batteries ,we test them. (or buy one new and start out fresh, not some very old battery)

if not sure or clear on this have any PC shop fix it. they sure do know how.

NO warranty answers by me.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation