Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Previous to this, the laptop was just factory reset, then had been shut down for maybe two weeks. After turning it on this morning I had discovered the laptop login page will not turn on, and the first thing you see when powering the laptop on is a keyboard language option. After selecting US, those are the only two options available. I tried troubleshooting the laptop once in the ‘advanced settings,’ but it said it was unable to diagnose a problem.  As somebody who knows nothing about laptops and has no clue what is happening, somebody help? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@ken433, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The only option to reimage the operating system to factory settings.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Advanced system settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

If you've been using the Recovery Partition (F11) to reinstall the OS, I recommend using the Recovery media instead to wipe out the HDD and create a new partition and fresh OS installation: Click here to obtain one, if you don't have on in your possession.

or HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) Link            

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.