Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop Model 14-cm0030AU

Hi, I just have a problem with my laptop. 

my laptop won’t turn on no matter how much I try. At first I thought it was the charger so I charged it with a different charger and nothing happened. I’ve tried pressing the power button but it does nothing. The light next to the hole for the charger does not light up at all. 

the weird thing is, I opened my laptop up very quickly in the morning (for about 3 minutes to confirm something and it worked perfectly fine) but it wouldn’t turn on afterwards when I tried like about it 10 minutes later. The laptop was working perfectly fine last night as well and it was fully charged when I checked this morning. I don’t know what I should do. Can anyone please help me and give me some advice?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi There !!

First of all please note that, 

I AM NOT HP TECHNICIAN OR SUPPORT AGENT. I AM JUST AN OLD HP CUSTOMER. AND A TECH ENTHUSIAST WHATEVER SOLUTIONS I SUGGEST YOU ARE DOING IT ON YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF FAILURE. IF YOU RAN INTO IT.

I would suggest to check if the power light, Hard disk process light is active. If any of the light is on. Then try connecting the notebook to an external display. 

If no light is displayed anywhere you can try this 

• Charge the laptop for 45 mins
  • Remove the laptop battery
  • Press & Hold the power button for 25 seconds
  • Re-install the battery and also connect the charger

Hope it helps, 

Accept as a solution if it helped you.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.