SBProBook Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My new ProBook 4540s will not turn on

I have a new ProBook 4540s notebook that I shut down over the weekend. I am not sure if I put it into hibernate, sleep, or what as I am still getting use to it. When I tried to turn it on (not plugged in) I got nothing. So I plugged in the power cord and hit the power button again. All it did was the LED above the cord plug blinked about 8 times and nothing else. I let it "charge" overnight and tried again in the morning. Nothing but a blinking LED. I Googled the problem and it said to take the battery out, unplug, and hold the power button down for 20 seconds. I plugged it back in but left the battery out, and still the same thing - flashing LED. HELP!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
467 50 147
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey SBProBook,

Do any other LEDs blink? Take a look at this document and let us know if you see any matches to these patterns:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366
___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
0 Kudos
Maboelfotoh Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem ,i tried to open the document ,but it was error , any help please ?

0 Kudos
Maboelfotoh Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you please tell me what happens with your problem ?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation