11-18-2019 07:55 AM
Hello, this happened today over 2 times so i will write it here
I have my notebook on third floor of my house, that means when i get to the kitchen in second floor i need to go up the stairs to get back to my notebook. When i get back, i touch it gently and it does a zapping sound and turns off.
This happened 2 times, and i don't know what to do.
11-20-2019 11:59 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
- Have you changed the sleep mode settings?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.
Create a new power plan:
In order to create a new custom power plan, you can use the following steps,
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Power & sleep.
- Click the Additional power settings link.
- On the left pane, click the Create a power plan button.
- Select a power plan with the settings you want to start. Click here https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04752217 to know more about sleep mode.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee