Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello , this is the 4th time I face this issue ! My pc's battery charges for a few seconds and then suddenly stops .  When the adapter is plugged in , the signal of charging is white which normally means it's full , however it's not. Moreover when I checked the computer, it doesn't even recognize that the adapter is plugged in ! I tried everything , I uninstalled the battery drivers and reinstalled them , I updated the bios driver , reset the pc ! the problem gets solved for a few days and then it happens again ! I'm really confused and I don't know what to do ! Somebody help me ! This's been going on for like 3 months .. 

PS: When I turn the pc off , it charges normally and sends the normal signal of charging which is orange , this only happens when it's on so I guess it's a software problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MaryemGuizani

Welcome to HP Support Community

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

I suggest you run a Battery and AC Adapter Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery / Ac Adapter

Keep me posted

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

this is the result of the test ! it tells that everything is good which definitely is not ! xD waaaw.JPG

HP Recommended

@MaryemGuizani

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already have HPSA installed , I checked the updates on windows and HPSA , everything is up to date x) what should I do then ? 

HP Recommended

@MaryemGuizani

Thanks for keeping me posted

Since you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you contact HP Support for further assistance and possible service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.