Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP2000-219DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was adding RAM and computer now wont boot. Memory seems properly seated. I am getting a flashing white signal on the caps lock key that is a regular pulse with no pattern. I would like to put a recovery BIOS on a USB stick from my other HP notebook but HP support doesnt't offer it. Grateful for suggestions. Wally

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Addendum - I am guessing that the installed Windows 10 is 32 bit but not certain. Is this also a problem?  Thanks!  Wally

HP Recommended

@Wally9955,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I would like to inform you that a 32-bit operating system can handle only 4GB of memory. If you have installed more than 4GB then I recommend you remove the additional memory and check whether the computer boots.

If you want to install more than 4GB memory on the computer, I recommend you install the 64-bit operating system on the computer.

The maximum supported memory on your computer is 8GB. Please refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03138231

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello - 

I seated the original 4GB of RAM back in the machine and booted again, still getting the "steady white pulse" on the Caps Lock as the machine doesn't boot.

Is it time to put a BIOS on a USB stick?  If so, where can I get the right one.

Thanks VERY much for weighing in on my issue,

David

HP Recommended

@Wally9955,

Let's try to perform a Bios recovery on your PC.

For more details, please refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.