Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce018dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My OMEN by HP - 15-ce018dx laptop stop powering on. Prior to that, the screen would flicker 8/10 times when running on battery mode. I sent my laptop to an authorized HP Service Center (UBreakIFix in NJ) and they told me that the motherboard needs to be replaced due to some water damage (though I don't recall spilling anything on that laptop). They don't send out laptops to HP and told me I have to do it on my own. I tried going to HP Customer Support Portal to try to open up a case. But since the laptop is out-of-warranty, I can't seem to open up a case to get the repair process started. Any suggestions on how I can get a mb replacement or get my laptop repaired?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KetongKadiri 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05835485

You need PC Board (or System Board) part # 929483-601 on the following link

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=1KV79UA

You have to pay for

1. New Motherboard,
  2. New CPU  which is Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (2.8 GHz base frequency, up to 3.8 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
  3. New GPU which is NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  4. New Windows 10 license

Because all above 4 components are on one piece of hardware called System Board.

As you can see part is N/A therefore you have to find elsewhere. Taking to account: you have to pay for labor cost and this may ending up buying new machine would be cheaper at the end.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

If I do find a system board and do it myself or someone else, should I get Part #: 929483-001 or 929483-601?

HP Recommended

with that amount of money, you can easily buy a new laptop already tho...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.