05-10-2013 12:54 AM
All drivers and OS (Win7) are up to date, memory tests pass, so I had absolutely no idea what can cause this.
But then I suddenly realized that this hasn't happened when it was operating by AC power. I tried to use both with battery and with power to see what happens, and so far freezing occurs only when operated by battery (it is in good condition and diagnostics also fine). I don't know if this is some coincidence, but now it really happens the netbook keep freezing with battery, but OK when battery is removed and connected to power. So is this possible to be some battery issue? It would be great , however to be sure before ordering a new battery.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated . Thanks in advance.
05-15-2013 10:47 AM - last edited on 02-23-2017 06:31 PM by OscarFuentes
Hello igityan. I understand your notebook is freezing.
You stated that you ran the diagnostics on the memory. Did you also run the diagnostics on the hard drive? Hard drive issues are one of the most common causes of blue screens and freezes. This document has instructions for testing the hard drive.
Also, you should run the System File Check command to ensure that none of your important system files are corrupted. Try the following.
- Click Start, type "cmd," and press Enter.
- Type the "sfc /scannow" command and press Enter.
- Allow it to complete and post the result.
Let me know the results. Have a wonderful day!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)