Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So this Wednesday (6/7/2017) I bought a new Envy laptop. I wanted something mobile with a fairly long battery life and a touch screen so I could teach myself to draw. And at first, it seemed like it was all three. Three days later (Saturday, 6/10/2017), it was reduced to one. Removing the charger turned off the computer immediately, and it wouldn't turn back on without being plugged in. Coming onto these forums, i saw someone with a recent similar problem (HP Envy, 0 battery life, 5 days after purchase instead of 3) and the advice given was to run the battery diagnostic in the Support Assistant and to call support for a replacement if it came up saying the battery was broken. So i did that today, and it said my battery was perfectly fine. But I am pretty sure there is still damage to the battery, so I will recap the time when it did work.

I spent about half of my time on the computer off of the charger, being careful not to let it heat up too much or to block the fan off. Eventually, i ran the battery down to about 10%, at which point i let it charge for two full hours without use. When this charging was done, the problem began. The battery said 75%, and increased as i kept it plugged in, so I assumed it was charging fine, until I unplugged it at 88% and it crashed. It has said 88% since.

Edit: I just ran the battery diagnostic again while i wrote this, and it said that there WAS a failure with this ID:

9BV55F-000000-GXGGQJ-C08603

maybe that will help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You need to contact HP with that error code. Use your Product number when contacting them. To get the info minimize all windows so you can see the desktop. Hold the Fn key and then press Esc key.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You need to contact HP with that error code. Use your Product number when contacting them. To get the info minimize all windows so you can see the desktop. Hold the Fn key and then press Esc key.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.