09-15-2011 02:18 AM
1 week ago, I've bought my new pc ( HP Elitebook 8760w, LG670EA#UUG, with Windows 7 64-bit) because I need it for my studies. And after a couple of days my pc started with restarting by himself, but not immediatly after starting up my pc, just at variable moments. Well yesterday it happend 4-5 times in one day and I became sick of it so I went to the internet and found this solution (http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSe...), but when I follow the steps and start HP Support Assistant, it says there is no update avaible, so I think BIOS isn't the problem. (note: in HP Support Assistant, next to the HP Total Care-logo it says "An error has occurred")
What can I do instead of updating BIOS? Or can someone help me?
04-08-2012 04:28 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have an 8760w that's been doing the same thing. Swapped all the parts, even a new unit entirely, and finally reinstalled windows last week. Waiting to see if it continues to happen. The only evidence that it has happened is an entry in the event log - "the shutdown at date/time was unexpected". No BSoD or STOP error code in the event log or on the screen. Laptop just powers off, and then boots back up again as if nothing happened.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)