Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion (?17t Laptop

(It is a MS Win 10, but I wasn't sure which one.)

Anyhow, It is a new Pav 17 t.  Taken out of the box on Aug 25.  Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing.  (Tech blamed me for not up-dating it!)  Tonight it froze again, another long phone call & now I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through 3 hrs of diagnostics, and writing to you from my old HP Pav g.  never had a computer do this twice in it's first 3 weeks of life before!

This is my 3rd HP & I felt some kind of loyalty to the company.  Bought the best care pack & it is no good.  Suggestions?

Already went through the turn it upside down & remove battery drill.

Brand new computer should not be frozen.

My Internet connection is fine, as you can see on my old HP Pav g.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I asked a Mod to help you with this. It is my understanding that JeffHelp is helping you now.

Is that correct?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

That should not be happening.

No service representative should blame you for not updating drivers or the OS.

Did you use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI device troubleshooting that is available at the touch of an F2 key when booting up?

You can identify your notebook from within Windows by holding down the Fn key and tapping the Esc key.  That will invoke a system information window. Please post the complete product number.

I will ask to have your issue escalated.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@meowsker1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  

I didn't know about the fn key. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  I did get a private email, but it stated not to respond to it.  

I cannot find that person within the forum to click on his name & respond.

Any ideas?

Never mind- I finally found him!

HP Recommended

Hello again!  

The HP person "JeffHelp"  PM'd me last weekend.  I gave him every detal.  No further contact.  

Is the care pack just an expensive piece of paper?

HP Recommended

I keep getting a PM  from JeffHelp asking for specific info.   I provide ithe info requested exactly.  

And a few days later I get that same apm again.   

I',ve tried sending to JeffHelp and JeffHelp1.

Am I using the forum incorrectly?

HP Recommended

I asked a Mod to help you with this. It is my understanding that JeffHelp is helping you now.

Is that correct?

HP Recommended

Yes, Thank you!    I received a PM from him & then a HP rep from Texas called me.  She said a local HP rep would be calling to resolve the issue soon.  

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

You're welcome!

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.