09-16-2019 04:11 PM
I recently acquired a laptop from a friend, brand new.
Anyway, I can’t set it up. When it opens, it mentions getting some things started (time zone, language, etc.). Then it says it needs to restart. So it connects to the internet like it requests and restarts. Well, it goes right back to the original set up page again. It can’t get past the restart page. Please help!
09-19-2019 04:37 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
4) Plug-in the Adapter.
5) Try to turn on the computer.
Try settings up the computer again. If the issue still persists, try re-installing the operating system -
1. Shutdown the computer.
2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3. Press F11 once for System Recovery.
4. Choose the Keyboard Layout.
5. Click on Troubleshoot.
6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.
Note : Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee