cancel
DannyN Student
Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Laptop (x360 440 g1) Crashed and BSOD loop, tried literally everything nothing fixes it

HP Probook X360 440 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all.
I'm having a lot of trouble with my new laptop.
It came with FREE DOS, and I installed Windows 10 64 bit.
I'm pretty tech savvy so this one baffles me.

The laptop crashed with a blue screen, and it's been in a loop ever since.

I tried changing every possible bios option, nothing seems to work.

Heres what I tried so far :
Bootable USB with Windows 10 in every possible option and bios option

Bootable Recovery from HP

Updated BIOS downloaded from HP with Bootable USB

Tried 3 different USBs to boot Windows but it keeps getting the Blue Screen

I can't even boot to get to the install phase of windows I get the god **bleep** blue screen right before it when it starts loading

I used Secure Erase to erase the SSD, and when I dont use a USB, I get a screen saying that there is no OS

And yet when I boot up the Windows, it acts like there are broken drivers and I cant recover, reinstall or anything it's just useless at this point

I think it may be a hardware issue at this point since I've literally tried every possible combo and nothing works

I've tried, MBR, GPT, Legacy & Secure Boot on and off and mixed.

I keep getting a different Blue Screen Error every time, like 20 different

I ran diagnostics The Ram Passed as did the SSD but wierldy the SSD runs to 10% then jumps to Passed

The only thing I can think of right now is to open the laptop and check if the Ram or SSD is loose if not I'm sending it back, a horrible first HP experience truly.

The machine is stuck in a loop, and I've downloaded Windows 3 times to make sure it's not hte Bootable USB that's corrupted but nothing works.
If there's a way to completely clean everything and reset it so I can start fresh, maybe that will work since nothing will be on the PC, because as of right now, it's useless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation