Passi1712
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Motherboard not starting - HP Envy x360 15-aq101ng

HP ENVY x360 - 15-aq101ng

Hello,

a Friend gave me an HP Envy x360 - 15-aq101ng. The blink codes and the HP Support told me that the cpu is broken. So I ordered a new motherboard, installed it and tried to start.

I know that I have to obtain the board with the serial number and product number.

The Board does nothing. No POST no running fan.

But when its starting, the power led (not the power supply led) is just blinking 2 times. One longer and one shorter blinking, but the short one I wouldn't define it as short blink code.

The 2.2 blink code only says DXE is broken and has to be restored. Is this one a 2.2 blink code ?

If I press WINDOWS + B nothing happens, but if I press WINDOWS + V the led is now 3 times short blinking.

Can anyone help me to get the BIOS running ?

Greetings

Passi1712

(Sorry for my bad english)

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
18,961 18,903 1,764 4,176
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Motherboard not starting - HP Envy x360 15-aq101ng

@Passi1712 

I presume, since HP does not sell its motherboards, you did not buy this from HP, right?

Most likely, what you bought is USED and in that case, it simply might not have worked when they removed it from the PC. 

There is nothing we can do for you about this -- as you will have to contact where you bought it and tell them it is not working.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation