Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17-an019na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I got my new Omen HP laptop today, it booted fine the first time but after restarting it now takes up to 10 minutes to load, all I get is a black screen with a cursor.

I can still open task manager, I reset the laptop and it worked fine but after restarting it the problem returned. It works fine once it'spaded but it's taking far too long to load.

I've followed the trouble shooting on the website to no avail, there seems to be a Windows update that won't update, hp development company l.p. system 5/26/2017 6.0.21.1
Error 0x800f0247

If I can't get a solution quickly I will have to return it, I'm heading off to uni and I need a working computer asap.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
So after checking other threads I disabled the app readiness service in system configuration, now it loads straight away. I still have the windows update issue but I'll wait for a more easy fix, it's not causing any obvious problems so I'm ok to wait.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Its an accelerometer driver and there is a long thread about it here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Development-Company-L-P-Sys...

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply, that thread is fornhepping woth th
HP Recommended

Huh??? It's long but if you read it there is a fix spelled out. I would not take it back. This issue is temporary and will be fixed soon. There are a couple different threads out there about it right now. 

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply, that thread helps with the update however no one on there seemed to have the slow loading issue that I have.
HP Recommended

I think I did see where others said it slowed their computer down and I have seen slow loading as a complaint with this issue perhaps on different threads. Do the fix, remove the error and if you still get slow loading take it back. Worth the effort to avoid all that, I think. 

HP Recommended
So after checking other threads I disabled the app readiness service in system configuration, now it loads straight away. I still have the windows update issue but I'll wait for a more easy fix, it's not causing any obvious problems so I'm ok to wait.
HP Recommended
I am experiencing literally the same exact issue.

Brand new Omen. After latest update my PC takes about 10 to 15 minutes to load up after typing in my password.

Will that solution work for my issue?
HP Recommended
Yeah try these instructions I followed

Do a search on your computer for msconfig.
Open System Configuration
Go to Services tab and disable App Readiness
Reboot your computer.

It should load normally now

To get windows to update properly do the following
Open Device Manager

Device manager/System Devices/HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor

Right click and choose Update Driver.

Hope this works for you
HP Recommended

Also, read: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/SOLVED-For-everyone-who-is-having-black-screen...

There are over 100 messages posted to this thread, all with the same symptoms as yours.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.