Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion CW0983na

Unfortunately, and very disappointingly, my brand new HP Pavilion CW0983na laptop seems to have died. To explain, having only used it once before, when powering up, the power button will light up and stay lit and then will intermittently come on and off every 20 seconds or so; however, it doesn’t seem like the HD or the fans are booting (no sound), the caps lock button doesn’t light up / off and the screen remains blank. Thus, the laptop is currently not booting at all.

I’ve tried the normal hard reset approach (given that the battery is internal so can’t be removed / easily removed) to no avail. I’ve also tried to connect to an alternative monitor, again to no avail.

Am I missing something or is the laptop dead already? Do I need to open it up and check the internal parts? If so, how?

Any help you can provide, guys, would be greatly appreciated, please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Billy16

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.