Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Notebook Stream 11-r005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to restart will not allow me to login, keeps telling me wrong pass word, (didn't think i had set

one yet)

think its microsoft thats causing the problem, it says i need a removeable media, what the hell is one of

them. i'm already on line at home.     Can anyone help me please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,  Thank you  very much for that information, I have followed your instructions and my netbook is resetting, I will also take heed of your advise with regards to a local PC account.  Ithink all will be ok from now but hope you will be there to help if things go wrong.

Thank you very much for your help and HP forum.

Regards

Ken H

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

Is this re. Windows login ? You can't login to Windows? If yes, I have encounter such a problem once only but was with Win 8. Anyway - if this is a new computer you can revert the software back to factory default settings. Eventually you should create a local account (not login with Microsoft account). At the end, you can always migrate the local account to Microsoft account.

If this is not re. Windows login, please provide back details.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi, The netbook started up ok and i tried to avoid signing into Windows, I hadn't completed at the first attempt so shut

down. When I tried to go online this morning the netbook was asking for a login password.  I have a recemtly bought HP laptop and had a similar problem with the windows login, both on windows 10/64.  I thought I could reset from my laptop

with bluetooth or something, but didn't have any luck.  I can't get passed the login page, all I seem to be able to do is start and stop it.  If you could help it would be great.  Ive only had it two days.

Regards

Ken H 

HP Recommended

Hello,

From your description I somehow understand this is Windows logon issue and not related to BIOS/UEFI. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Since the computer is new (as mentioned in the title), my previous suggestion remains valid - please, restore your newly purchased PC to factory default condition and then create a local account instead of MS account. Here is how:

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

3. Choose F11 / System Recovery

4. Follow the on-screen instructions and go to Troubleshoot > Recovery Manager (HP Recovery)

or RESET  option (whatever is available for your model).

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to completely reset your PC and delete all existing files

Once reset/recovery is completely, you will end up with the PC condition the same way you purchased it. Use the Customization options and do not connect to your network, do not login to MS account with email.

Instead, create a local PC account and sign into Desktop.

Eventually, you may migrate this local account to Microsoft account provided that you know the MS account password. If you do not know the MS account password, visit this URL >> account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi,  Thank you  very much for that information, I have followed your instructions and my netbook is resetting, I will also take heed of your advise with regards to a local PC account.  Ithink all will be ok from now but hope you will be there to help if things go wrong.

Thank you very much for your help and HP forum.

Regards

Ken H

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.