Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop crashed. When I restarted it, I I got the black screen that said I needed a hard disk to reboot my computer. Instead, I went to F2 and tried to figure out what to do from there. I ran tests, and it says that I have no memory, no storage and no hard drive. There is no 24 digit code.

When I was trying to figure out what to do with the HP assistant, it kept telling me that I need to do a Component Test, which I do not have that option on the BIOS menu.

My BIOS menu says:

PROCESSOR

MEMORY TEST

STORAGE TEST

HARD DRIVE CHECK

POWER TEST

SYSTEM BOARD TEST

LANGUAGE 

EXIT

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DaleSz 

All those tests but language are component tests -- but if you've already run the drive test and it failed, there is nothing more you can do in terms of testing.

Without the model number of the laptop, we can't provide any detailed advice.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Here's the product number: 3C310UA#ABA

[personal information removed]

I can still get into F10, are either of those numbers what you meant?

I managed earlier to get back to my account but couldn't access pics. I was able to use everything else, but then I restarted it, and right back at the 3f0 boot screen.

HP Recommended

@DaleSz 

OK, so according to the info you provided and the HP specs for that model, you do NOT have a hard drive, but instead, have an NVMe SSD -- and a known issue with those is that they can get VERY HOT, and when they do, they become unstable.

If you let the laptop cool down for a while, say a couple of hours, and then it boots OK, and it does not have issues until it warms up, then heat is probably the issue -- and unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about this with a laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.