Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to power on my computer the power button led flashes once every 10 seconds regardless of wether it is plugged in or not. It is not a standby flash, it is very short and abrupt. Even if you press and hold the power button it will not turn off. When plugged into multiple ac adapters there is no charging indicator light. These adapters are the genuine hp 90w power adapters that come with this laptop. 

I have tried resetting the bios using windows + b and windows + v to no avail. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kyle20,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

This looks like a possible hardware failure. However, I would suggest you try these steps here before contacting our HP support team.

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook

Before power resetting your computer, do the following:

1. Disconnect or remove all peripheral devices. Start up the laptop and test the computer by itself, and then reconnect one peripheral device at a time.

2. Turn over the computer and look for a battery compartment door.

You may refer to the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would recommend you contact our HP support team for setting up the service. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Since posting this I have left my computer sitting and it booted. I tried the hard reset and it is back to having this issue. How do I get this fixed? How does hp warranty work with this product? 

HP Recommended

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for setting up the service. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.