Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-6165tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have hp pavilion dv6-6165tx i7

My laptop suddenly not showing display..

When i press start button it will start means only power button light on.. and fan running..

I had tried all options like 1 min power button press.. battery removing..ram also good .. hdd good.. cmos battery good..

Sometimes it will on perfectly... And run smoothly till shutdown..

I had used it 1 week ..on sleep mode.. bt when i restart same problem happened..

After 1-2 days it will ON like charm..

Not everytime..

Sorry for bad english. 

Please tell me the extact problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kauatubhmayuri,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Did you check if there's display on an external display by connecting a TV or a Monitor to your notebook? 

Step 1: Performing a hard reset

Resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Use the steps in Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset to reset your notebook.

Step 2: Connecting an external monitor to test the display

The notebook screen display might remain black when there is a corrupted graphics driver or a problem with the LCD display back light. To test the display, attach an external monitor and restart the computer. Testing with an external display is helpful if the notebook display is black but you can hear sounds; such as fans, spinning drives, or beep tones that indicate the computer is operating.

Step 3: Recovering the notebook BIOS using a key press combination

When you upgrade the BIOS on your notebook, a copy of the previous BIOS version is stored in the HP_TOOLS partition of your hard drive. Many HP notebook computers have an emergency BIOS recovery feature that allows you to recover and install the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive, as long as the hard drive remains functional. This emergency recovery feature is separate from the BIOS and is designed to work in the event of a catastrophic BIOS failure.

You may refer to the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.