Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
V0N65AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have  the following HP notebook with Window 10 (64 bit).
HP Pavilion - 15z Laptop
Product number: V0N65AV
Serial number: [edit]

The other day something fell on top of the keyboard and suddenly I saw this error message: No hard drive detected, please load operative system.

I pressed F2 and ran the quick diagnostic (HP Hardware UEFI), with the following result:

Smart test: Passed

Short DST: failed

Failure ID: QAJBG4-87J9T9-MFPX7F-60TF03

Hard drive 1

I pried open the notebook and tried to see if the data cable of the hard drive came loose, but it seems OK. I removed the hard drive and reinstalled it anyway, but to no avail: when turning it on, I again saw the same error message of no hard drive.

Please help! Much appreciated!!

Jack 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, are you sure your failure ID is this?? I don't have any information with this ID.. 

But if your hard drive is not detected, it maybe need to be replace.. Do you have an other PC to try your hard disk inside? Or an other disk? 

Either your connection cable, either your disk is dead.. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.