DaddyB013 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No log in/PIN screen when waking from slumber

HP Pavilion Model # 3168NGW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon opening the laptop, I get the pretty nature picture, but no log in screen. How do I get to the screen to log in or at least access the tools to remedy this?

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14622 956 1590
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

No log in/PIN screen when waking from slumber

Hi @DaddyB013,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

As I understand there's no login box at sign in screen on wakeup using windows 10,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Did you check if Simple pass is enabled in Start Menu?

Did you change the power options to include password during sign-in?

Did this happen after a recent software or windows update?

Did you update the bios and graphics drivers?

For a start please try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphic drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers after selecting the correct Operating system, then follow the on-screen instructions and check again if the issue gets fixed.

For further assistance please check this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

for sleep related issues and performs these steps

• Disabling the password requirement when resuming from sleep
  • Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows
  • The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode – perform Step 1: Enabling the Keyboard in Windows. Enable the power management options for Mouse and other pointing devices in device manager if available.

Then restart the computer and check if the issue is corrected.

If the issue continues please try these steps from the command prompt of Windows

How to skip password prompt after sleep using Command Prompt

You can still get the same result using Command Prompt.

To disable the required sign-in option when Windows 10 wakes up, do the following:

1. Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu, and select Command Prompt (admin).
  2. If you want to disable the sign-in option while your device is running on battery, type the following command and press Enter:

powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0

If you want to disable the sign-in option while your device is plugged in, type the following command and press Enter:

powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0

To enable the require sign-in option when Windows 10 wakes up, do the following:

1. Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu, and select Command Prompt (admin).
  2. If you want to enable the sign-in option while your device is running on battery, type the following command and press Enter:

powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 1

If you want to disable the sign-in option while your device is plugged in, type the following command and press Enter:

powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 1

How to skip password prompt after sleep using Settings

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Accounts.
  3. Click on Sign-in options.
  4. Under "Require sign-in," choose Never from the drop-down menu to complete the task.

• Once you completed the steps, you'll no longer be required to enter a password after waking up Windows 10 from sleep.
  • To go back to the previous option, follow the same steps, but on step 4, make sure to select the When PC wakes up from sleep option.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without any hassles. Also perform these steps one at a time and check if the issue gets resolved. If any step resolves the issue, please do not perform the other steps.

Don't get perturbed by the troubleshooting steps given. it is very easy to do if you do it one step at a time.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation