pcdochelps
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

No power button or battery lights for 5 to 10 minutes

HP Recommended
Spectre Pro x360 G2530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an odd issue with this HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 laptop. 

The laptop will not show power button or battery light for at least 5 to 10 minutes after it is shut down.

This happens:

-Every time I make any Bios configuration changes (even simple ones), click save and exit, then it shuts down instead of reboot.

-Every time I click shut down via start menu.

-Every time I upgrade the bios.

-Every time I run offline diagnostics tools.

I have upgraded the bios, all firmware, all windows updates, all drivers. 

I have turned off fast boot. This is NOT a fast boot sleep mode issue. 

What I have to do to get it to turn back on is wait roughly 5 to 10 minutes (sometimes more) with the power adapter unplugged (usually). After a period of time, the power button light will finally turn back on when I press it. During the wait time I sit there and periodically press the power button to see if it will turn on yet. Once the power light is willing to turn back on I plug the power adapter back in. 

The battery is good and holds power for a long time without issue. I have run all HP diagnostics tools available both online and offline. It is not over heating. The system time and date are correct. 

Any help would be very much appreciated 🙂

Here is a link from my GDrive to the SysInfo file (with certain info redacted):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yMkRWgX_nHROodLwHtJ1ha-cB3IJgUk-/view?usp=sharing

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation