cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
itisiBrad
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Not Powering ON - Not Charging - (HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0000tu)

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Not Powering ON - Not Charging - (Notebook: HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0000tu, only 15x months old)

All of a sudden this defect/fault has started after just 15x months of normal use with no problems.

When power button pressed, the power/charge light blinks 3 times and nothing happens, and it does not power on / power up.

The screen does not light up and it just stays black/off.

No lights nor keyboard back-lights light up.

No sounds, no vibration, no fan noise... nothing.

It simply just does not power on nor does it charge.

When the power supply/charge cable is connected the power/charge indicator light does not light up.

This defect/fault happens with power supply/charge cable plugged in and without power supply/charge cable plugged in.

I have tried "power reset" by holding down power button for 15-30 secs and then releasing and this does not resolve the defect/fault.

I have tried "power reset" with power supply/charge cable plugged in and without power supply/charge cable plugged in.

I have tried a different power supply/charge cable that I know works OK on another device.

I have tried a different power outlet that I know is working when other devices are plugged into it.

I have tried another power outlet at another premises that I know is working when other devices are plugged in to it.

I have left the device plugged in for 12+ hours.

I have left the device plugged in for 24+ hours.

The battery is built in and cannot be removed.

1 REPLY 1
MisterSir16
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been having this problem too with my Pavilion x360 14-inch. I first noticed it today when I went to go turn it on; I thought it was dead so I plugged it in and nothing. I have tried everything you have to no avail. The only difference I think is that the light next to the charging port does turn on and is white, but the laptop still does not turn on. I hope we can discover a solution because I do not feel like paying to get it fixed or get a new one.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation