03-20-2017 04:58 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu on my laptop with win 10 (dualboot). I disable the secure boot and put the ubuntu OS on flash drive to boot from it. the computer is restated and the options appear
I have try both of them. However, after I chose any one the screen go black and nothing happen. I waite for more than 30 min but nothing at all.
I have been looking online for a solution but I did not find any thing yet. some post suggest use nonmodest, I try to do so but there are no option that can lead me to do so.
I hope if you have any sugestion or solution.
03-20-2017 06:45 PM
HP only warranties their PCs for usage with the OS that comes preinstalled. IF you replace that or add a different OS, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that other OS -- as HP then provides no assistance on that.
Win10 PCs nearly all use UEFI and that poses special problems for installing Linux distros: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
Your best bet for Linux support, since HP does not provide Linux drivers, is to contact the support forum for the Linux distro you are trying to install -- which is here: http://ubuntuforums.org/
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)