Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15q-bu004tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptop is not getting started after BIOS update. Kindly help me
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ranju1
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Are you getting any error message or code?
  • When was the last time it worked fine? 

You could try performing a bios recovery.

1. Make sure the laptop is plugged in
  2. Press the Windows key + 'B'
  3. Keep them pressed
  4. Turn on the laptop
  5. Let go of WIn + B after 5-10 seconds

give it time, sometimes the bios recovery takes up to 3 minutes to initiate

if nothing comes up on the screen, try again and keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for your response. I am not getting any error message on the screen. Once the laptop is turned on I am getting a black screen. It was working perfectly until I updated BIOS. I clicked on BIOS update in HP assistant and followed the instructions. It showed that the system is restarting. But never restarted. I shouldn't have updated it. Laptop was working perfectly till 10/08/2019.
HP Recommended
I tried all the solutions discussed in this community. But I couldn't solve the issue.
HP Recommended

@Ranju1

Not to worry! Let's try a few more methods to fix the issue.

Have you tried Microsoft system restore? If not, then try performing a system restore and check if that fixes the issue. 

• Click here to perform Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎 If this fails, then you can try performing Windows system recovery. 
  • Click here to perform Performing a System Recovery (Windows 10) 

Note: Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.