Eva_R
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not waking from sleep

HP Pavilion 14-ce0005nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have problems with waking the laptop from sleep. I know this have been already posted elsewhere but neither of the solutions provided worked for me. The problem is that it occurs randomly (lets say 1 out of 3 times I am trying to wake it).

I have tried:

1) Updating drivers

2) Changing advanced settings in power management (basically all of them)

3) Disabled fast boot

Any help would be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,688 22,645 1,902 3,019
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not waking from sleep

@Eva_R Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you make a few changes to the way sleep mode works under power options:

• Change - "Put the computer to sleep" to preferred time,
  • And Change - "Turn off the monitor" to never.

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

Disabling the hybrid sleep, followed by updating all available Windows updates and the BIOS update from the HP website, please follow the below steps to disable the hybrid sleep after performing a hard reset on the device should help resolve the issue.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control panel.

2. Make sure the View by setting is set to Category, and then click Hardware and Sound.

3. Click Power Options.

4. Click Change plan settings for the power plan that is selected.

Changing  the plan settings

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

Clicking Change advanced power settings

6. Expand Sleep, and then expand Allow hybrid sleep.

7. Select Off from the On battery drop-down menu, and then select Off from the Plugged in drop-down menu.

Selecting Off in the On battery drop-down menu

8. Click OK.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & FOLLOW THE STEPS UNDER - The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Eva_R
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not waking from sleep

Thank you for your quick response!

I tried to disable turning off the monitor and adjust sleeping mode to turn on after few minutes. I figured out that I could wake up the notebook without complications. So I believe the problem ocures only when the monitor is turn off but still it is not in sleeping mode. Now I know that the disabling of "Turn of the monitor" could be a one way how to solve this problem, but I hope  I could find permanent repair of this bug.

I also tried to disable the hybrid sleep, but no change happend. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,688 22,645 1,902 3,019
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not waking from sleep

@Eva_R Disabling turns off monitor is the only way to fix this issue as off now, if that doesn't work, you may want to create a new user account and check if that works fine.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation