Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-da1006ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Notebook 15-da1006ne. Whenever I turn it on (either from sleep mode or after a successfull shut down) it makes a zap sound. I don't feel the shock in any way if I touch the PC but that seems to be a problem. I gave it to an authorised HP service center but even they told me that is the way it is nothing is wrong with your PC and nothing can be done to cancel that noise. But I've seen other laptops and they don't seem to make such a noise while booting as is mine. So what might be the problem and what are the steps I should take?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Hiithaard 

Sorry, but we are only a self-help community forum and we have no way from here for either diagnosing your PC problems or repairing them.

You have already taken the PD to HP service, and we can do nothing more than that.

You could seek out a different laptop facility but that would cost you and we can not help with that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.