Did you mean: 
Mirage10
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook 450 G1 Starts Itself

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My Notebook 450 G1 keeps on turning itself on! I have set the mouse to not wake the laptop. I even resorted to turning my mouse off before putting the laptop to sleep. Same with the lid setting in the power manager. It is set to put laptop to sleep when the lid is closed.

I have noticed that sometimes after putting it to sleep, it wakes immediately after I close the lid. Then having to open the lid, unlock it and put it to sleep again.

I check that the laptop is "asleep" and pack it into my back-pack, only to find that it had turned itself on whilst in transit. The bag is obviously very hot inside and the laptop is either still running or has run out of power by the time I open the bag again. Apart from the obvious inconvenience of having to do a "cold" start up again, I am concerned for the hazard this may have whilst in transit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, keeping in mind I am not a savvy IT - person.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation