Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook can't startup after bios update

Compaq cq61
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello everyone, I've just want to update my bios, go to page for downloading newest bios F.23 Rev. A.
https://support.hp.com/ua-ru/drivers/selfservice/compaq-presario-cq61-200-notebook-pc-series/3944782...
After downloading I launch it on my h.d.d.  without any fail or warning, when it's been done, my notebook shutting down and this was a finish. I'll try to do hard reset,  Pull out the battery on 10-15 mins, try to boot him wih fat32 with another bios, pushing fn+esc, winkey+b\v, BUT it given't any results. 
It's just continued to blink, when I plug in AC, over 3-5 seconds.
Please, help me to reanimate my Compaq CQ61-210SR!

1 REPLY 1
Dean Dean
Dean
8375 8231 665 3008
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook can't startup after bios update

Hi @Tilens

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Please, read the official HP article about such issues you experience now >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Follow all the steps written and hopefully you will be able to recover/restore your BIOS.

General recommendation I provide to users/customers is NOT to upgrade BIOS/UEFI unless they experience any kind of specific BIOS/UEFI issue. Updating just for updaing and just for using the latest verson is not solution. Any kind of update (no matter for what and who relesed it) can fix 2 issues but may introduce 10 more issues. Additionally, upgrading the BIOS (for any vendor) poses more risks because BIOS recovery is not that easy as compared to typical software updates IF something goes wrong. Same applies for Windows Updates, OS update, drivers updates, etc - upgrade/update IF you have issues which you know are fixed in the newer version or for some severe security issues. Otherwise, keep the existing version as long as possible. 

If you manage to restore your BIOS, do not attempt to update it again.

Hope this helps

**** Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation