Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY QUESTION IS AS ABOVE. 

WHEN I SWITCH MY LAPTOP ON IT SEEMS AS IF OTHERS ARE USING IT TOO. HOW TO CHECK AND LOCK OUT.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BASE-CAMP 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

I think that no one has responded sooner for two reasons.

First, you provided no details at all about this supposed hijacking -- when it happened, what you are seeing, what is no longer working, etc.  Without details, no one can do anything.

Second, if you were truly hijacked then the only SAFE solution is a complete wipe and reset of the laptop -- meaning, you will lose everything in the process.

We need the model information and the details to the first issue in order to provide any advice.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.