UnitedShoes Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Old laptop won't boot

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Alright. Firstly, this HP laptop is around 7-8 years old. We purchased this potato at Staples for around $100. It's a merical this thing survived as long as it did.

It came with Windows 7 64 bit when we purchased it. Recently, I upgraded it to Windows 10. But ever since then I've had issues with booting.

Before, when I go to boot the laptop, while plugged into the wall, the screen would stay off, and my NumLock and caps lock key would flash. I would have to run the laptop off the battery to boot into Windows, then mess with my power options before I can do anything.

Now, even with my laptop unplugged, it won't boot. I have tried contacting Microsoft, they didn't know what was wrong, and told me to contact HP.

If you need any information, such as a video example, specs, or anything, please let me know.
1 REPLY 1
UnitedShoes Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Old laptop won't boot

Also noteworthy, I frequently get a BSOD error, saying "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL". I'm pretty sure this is due to bad memory. I opened up the laptop and found the memory, and it doesn't seem to be damaged at a glance.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation