Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-dh1059nr
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an Omen 15 dh1059nr that I purchased in 2020 that will not boot or even attempt to POST.  When plugged into the AC adapter, I see that the charging LED is lit.  When I press the power button, the red LED light on the power button lights up for a few seconds, then shuts off.  No fans kick on, and I don't hear/feel the HDD trying to spin up.  

Troubleshooting steps taken:

1. Hard Reset by holding the power button down for 30 seconds off the charger, both with the battery in, and disconnected.

2. Re-seated RAM in both slots

3. Swapped RAM with known good RAM in both slots

4. Went through the automated Virtual Assistant, including attempting the BIOS restore by holding Win+B when powering on, but the BIOS restore wouldn't even come up.

At this point, I'm thinking it's a fried system board, but I was hoping there might be other troubleshooting steps I can try that might resolve the issue.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.