Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook Power G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Can a Zbook Power G7 still working for a long time with the lid closed - through a dockstation g2 on multiple displays
It is advisable? Can it have thermal problems? The ventilation grille seems very clogged with the lid closed...
Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ToniArnaste 

Given machine is compatible with

dockstation g2

Yes it will. Many my machines use compatible docks and I do not have to open lid to power my machines. I have to open the lid to power (only) machines with USB-A docks.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks Banhien. 
I was referring to refrigeration issues. the latest Zbook Firefly and Power models have the ventilation grille right at the front and it is completely closed when the lid is closed. it does not seem like a good idea to work with the lid closed on these models…🤔

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.