Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
all in one 22 c0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The symptom is as soon as I start the computer, the screen is stuck on the HP logo screen forever.

I have tried hitting ESC while booting but the computer is now stuck on the next screen, which displays hardware information. Specifically, hitting the ESC key does not trigger the recovery menu.

I have tried the same operation, hitting F10, F12, Delete while booting, but then again, hitting the ESC key does not trigger the installation menu on the next screen.

I have tried letting the computer boot for 20+ minutes but at no point did the blue HP logo became pulsating nor did I notice any change in the displayed screen.

Also, I swap hdd with a working computer.

Please, can someone help me move forward with this problem?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HI40 

Doesn't sound good and I don't have good news.

The HP logo is produced when the PC first starts and is done in firmware programmed into the motherboard.  So at that point, the hard drive is not yet being read.  If the PC gets no farther, that's an indication that the drive has failed.

Pressing F11 repeatedly while rebooting should launch the HP Recovery Manager, but if your drive is damaged or failed, that will not happen.

Ordinarily, swapping in a new or otherwise working drive will then get the PC booting, but if that is not working in yours, then something else is at play.

Hitting Esc triggers the HP Startup Menu, not an installation menu, and you might have to hit it repeatedly, rapidly, over and over until the PC reads it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HI40 

You said you swapped out the hard drive.  So, does the PC boot with this other hard drive?

Also sounds like the keyboard may be malfunctioning if pressing the keys does not work.

I would try using a USB keyboard to see if that makes any difference.

HP Recommended

No I even try connecting to usb using a external power supply. Nothing the I try works. 😔

HP Recommended

@HI40 

Doesn't sound good and I don't have good news.

The HP logo is produced when the PC first starts and is done in firmware programmed into the motherboard.  So at that point, the hard drive is not yet being read.  If the PC gets no farther, that's an indication that the drive has failed.

Pressing F11 repeatedly while rebooting should launch the HP Recovery Manager, but if your drive is damaged or failed, that will not happen.

Ordinarily, swapping in a new or otherwise working drive will then get the PC booting, but if that is not working in yours, then something else is at play.

Hitting Esc triggers the HP Startup Menu, not an installation menu, and you might have to hit it repeatedly, rapidly, over and over until the PC reads it.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. that was my diagnostic but I always like to ask for a second opinion since we always learn something new in this field. But now I have 5  6months PC destine to scrap pile. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.