Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (177 Views)

PC hangs/freeze occasionally & on reboot show blank screen

[ Edited ]
Product Name: pavallion g6 - 1118tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

sir,

my PC occasionally  gets complete hangs/freeze (even button CAPSLOCK & Radion button not turned off/on ). so I had to  PC off by hard pressiong power button. when I restart it, It appear with a complete blank screen (as there is no power in screen). so how to evolve  with this situation.

thank u

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

Re: PC hangs/freeze occasionally & on reboot show blank screen

Hi there,  

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 

Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is black also. 

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS Upgrade?

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Do you have the Notebook ventilated? 

What do you sit your Notebook on when you are using it?

Have you done any updates using Windows Updates or the HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to clean out all of the vents in the Notebook?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Did you receive any error messages?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Here are some documents for you that may help:

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating. 

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon.  You can click the thumbs up icon to show your appreciation for my efforts today!  Smiley Happy

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help. When you re-post, please provide me with the detailed results from the troubleshooting above. 

Thank you for joining in!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation