08-23-2019 12:21 AM
PC won't starts when pressing power button. When plugged to power, charging light goes on but when power button is pressed charging light goes off for few seconds and turns on again. No other indication of power like fan or leds. Battery is in good condition with original charger.
08-25-2019 06:09 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did you try another charger?
- Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Note: If the computer refuses to start-up or power on then its a hardware related issue and computer needs to be serviced.
If possible, try an alternate charger.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee