Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Guys

I can't boot with pxe, even though the PXE-boot is enabled in the bios settings. There aren't any options when I press F12 for PXE-Boot.

I use the HP USB to Gigabit RJ45 Adapter.

I also tried various driver recommended for the X2 (Softpaq/HP Forum/Support Assitant...) and also the original driver package from HP but with the same result.

I've already updated the BIOS with the newest version v1.18, without success.

Under the Boot Option Settings --> UEFI Boot Order, I found this setting which might cause the problem? --> NETWORK BOOT: IPV4 Network (Disabled)

I can't find this setting, to enable the NETWORK BOOT: IPV4 Network.

Where do I have to change these settings?

Greets

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Donduc_jr,

I have seen this once before - a BIOS update was the first step for resolution but there was also a Thunderbolt firmware update made available. I would try downloading sp74936 from the driver page, then trying to PXE again.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hey donduc_jr,

I was able to find out some info on your issue.

Try these steps:
1. Install the latest BIOS (Which I know you did already but I know this version has a  
 SoftPaq Description  Release Notes  Download SoftPaq 
 HP Notebook System BIOS UpdateVersion: 01.13Revision: A PASS: 1 SP75353 release notes  SP75353 file download 

2. In the BIOS settings go to Advanced -> Boot Options
3. Change the 'Start Menu Delay' from 0 seconds to 5 seconds or greater
4. Save settings and exit BIOS
5. Turn off the system
6. Disconnect the USB-C cable leading to the dock.
7. Connect the USB-C cable leading to the dock.
8. Power on the system and perform PXE normally.

***If the PXE menu or PXE detection still does not work you may need to do a hard reset of the system. To perform a hard reset hold the power button for 12 seconds and unplug the USB-C cable while holding the power button. Then reconnect the USB-C cable and try to PXE again.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks For your patience!
I hope we can find a resolution for you!

Best Regards,
Dominic

I am an HP Employee.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Hi donduc_jr Updating the bios and Intel thunderbolt firmware should fix the issue Can you perform the below steps on the unit 1. update the bios to ver 1.18 2. update Intel thunderbolt firmware- Version: 16.1.7.0.6 Regards Happy2help
I am HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you guys for your effort

The Thunderbolt Firmware Update didn't help me out.

I need the newest BIOS-Version, so I can't downgrade.

I'm sure, it has to do with the Disabeld-Setting for the IPv4 under the Boot Options.

Slowly I am running out of options...

HP Recommended

I had similar issue when trying to reinstall a machine that was already installed in Legacy version to UEFI mode. What I did:

In BIOS go to  Secure Boot Configuration Menu 

"Reset Secure Boot Keys to Factory Defaults"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.