Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 14-bf008na Won't turn on or charge, despite only being a week old

HP pavilion bf-008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptop was plugged into an HDMI, when unplugged the laptop shut off (despite having 60/70% battery) and will not turn on. I have charged my laptop overnight and have done the power reset but nothing has worked, the laptop is completely unresponsive. I have plugged the laptop into multiple outlets that I know for certain work and the charging light hasn't come on. The laptop is 8 days old so I find this incredibly frustrating!
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 826 1,430
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andrew17Kelly

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have a new HP Pavilion - 14-bf008n laptop. I read that the laptop no longer powers on. I read that the laptop shutdown after being disconnected from an HDMI connection. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Is there a light on the laptop where the charger connects?
  • Though the display is not on, do not see any other lights firing up on the keyboard?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please remove the battery out and disconnect the charger.
  • Connect only the charger and keep the battery out. Try to power on the laptop with the charger only.
  • Likewise please try to power on the laptop with the battery only (charger should be disconnected).

If there is no sign of the laptop powering on and no other lights are visible on the laptop then the evidence points towards a hardware defect. In such case, I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the laptop.

Hope this information helps. Let me know what happens. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Lifeofwisdom Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi I am having the same problem the battery is built in so I can't disconnect the battery plz help 

0 Kudos
18,211 13,537 280 1,053
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation