09-14-2017 03:26 AM
09-16-2017 01:03 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have a new HP Pavilion - 14-bf008n laptop. I read that the laptop no longer powers on. I read that the laptop shutdown after being disconnected from an HDMI connection. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Is there a light on the laptop where the charger connects?
- Though the display is not on, do not see any other lights firing up on the keyboard?
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Please remove the battery out and disconnect the charger.
- Connect only the charger and keep the battery out. Try to power on the laptop with the charger only.
- Likewise please try to power on the laptop with the battery only (charger should be disconnected).
If there is no sign of the laptop powering on and no other lights are visible on the laptop then the evidence points towards a hardware defect. In such case, I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the laptop.
Hope this information helps. Let me know what happens. Good luck!
05-22-2019 08:30 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!