Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce0521sa
Linux

Hello, I've got a Pavilion 14-ce0521sa laptop running Linux Mint (19 I think) which won't start. When I press the power button it illuminates for about 4 seconds then goes off, then repeats, sometimes stops after a few repetitions and sometimes continues for over an hour, nothing appears on the screen and no noise from it.

I started it one morning to connect it to a new WiFi router in the house, then shut it down (completely successfully), later that day it started doing this.

I believe it is charging fine as the charging light has gone from orange to white after being put on charge for an hour or so.

Pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds doesn't work.

I've tried a hard reset, I've taken the back off and removed the battery and held the power button 15 seconds, put it back together and tried starting it both with charger in and not - no success.

I've tried the windows key + B then hold power button for 2-3 seconds - still no luck.

I've held the escape key, repeatedly pressed f11, held down all four arrow keys, all with charger in and without. 

I've tried reseating the memory.

Nothing else is plugged in, no usb, SD cards, or other cables.

Not having any luck with any of the usual, and cannot find a single thread on any forum of a similar problem with same laptop.

Any help with this would be much appreciated, I've only had it 18 months and feeling rather lost without it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.