cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
10 4 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pavilion 15-au151nr suddenly SO SLOW it's UNUSABLE

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-au151nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a new Pavilion about 2 months ago, and it's worked fine, pretty fast. Suddenly it is SO SLOW that it is unusable. I can't even open the Settings to check for new updates, it just sits there. I didn't do anything odd, was just doing my normal work when it ground to a halt. I have a good antivirus, so doubt I got a virus (I'm attempting to run a viruscheck just in case). I can't get to the WIndows Update so I have no idea if there's some sort of critical update I need. How can I get this stupid computer working again? I'm on a work deadline and I need a functional computer!! Argh.

This is the computer with specs.

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion---15-au151nr

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,155 42,944 6,878 12,049
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to go into the diagnostics (F2 as you power up) and run the full hardware battery of tests, particularly the hard drive and memory. Post back the results. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 4 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I turned it off and this morning it's working fine. If it does it again I will do the F2 diagnostics, thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,155 42,944 6,878 12,049
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad to hear it resolved itself. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation